Mittwoch, 18. April 2007

nerd's eye view

I'm slowly changing my mind about nerd's eye view.
almost all entries in the section "Austria" are interesting and, as I'm an "expat" too, I found the entry about Topfenwickerl incredibly fun. It was January when I fell very ill, high fever and I was afraid I wouldn't have recovered for the final exam..
I was alone at home and so scared because I can't take a normal aspirin as I have a bad allergy to its active ingredient. almost desperate I called the emergency doctor who prescribed me a strong antibiotic.
the following day my boyfriend came back to graz and came straight to my place. guess what he said?! "You need ESSIGPATSCHEN"
despite my vain attempts to avoid the essigpatschen (because as Ms Nerd writes they stink!!) by saying that it isn't a scientific method and doesn't work, he won! I got my essigpatschen and fell asleep (fever reached 39.5° C and I was pretty exhausted because I had tried too hard to persuade him that his remedy wouldn't have worked...).
anyway, my feet and I sweated like hell and believe it or not fever significantly dropped!
I'm pretty sure that the antibiotic was the reason of my miraculous ricover but it wasn't too late to prove it! the following day as the fever went up again I couldn't stop him bandaging my poor feet with the holy essigpatschen!!

Austrians are all the same! all proud of their home (grandma) remedies!!
dear Ms Nerd I do understand you!

ps: http://expatinterviews.com/Pam-Mandel.html
this is an interview about her living in austria. pretty interesting!

Keine Kommentare: