Freitag, 20. April 2007

going vegetarian?

my sister has become vegetarian! unbelievable! she was just eating lamb with me on Easter and now she's vegetarian!!
she said she had been thinking about becoming vegetarian for a very long time till she decided that the time was ripe for change! she won't eat meat anymore!

but as I couldnt believe her I asked what she's been eating lately. her diet turned out to be very poor so she asked me to surf the net in order to find recepies balancing the luck of meat in her diet.

I didn't expact to find so many sites written by freaks stating that you shouldn't eat vegetables either because the poor vegy do also have a sould and they have a life you can't take them away just because you're hungry
excuse me, dear freaks, what am I supposed to eat if, and just in the remote case, I get hungry?

that disturbed me a bit: I don't want my sister to become a freak!
so I kept surfing the net in order to find a more reasonable site..

I came across a very nice web site about how to become a vegetarian, what you should know and so on.
it's called "Vegetarian society".
web

I read something about iron as it is the only concern my sister had about becoming vegetarian. Iron is responsible for the formation of haemoglobin, which makes blood look red and, more important, it transports oxygen all over the body.
but iron isn't just in meat, there's iron in chickpeas, in spinach, muesli and even in dried apricots!
some researches have proven that there is no prevalence of iron deficency among vegetarians compared to non-vegetararians.

there's even a booklet about "how to reassure your parents" if you decided to go veggie.

I could never go veggie but if you're really convinced it is the best for you, then go for it! there are enough people who are vegetarian and I'm sure they all eat plenty of vitamines and iron.

So, my dear sister, I wish u good luck!

PS: anyway I read that tofu sausages taste almost the same as the normal ones!
the proof of the pudding is in the eating! (is it right?!?)

Keine Kommentare: