Sonntag, 1. April 2007

hi!

after a 24 h party I recovered and I can upload some vocab (+reading) work I've been doing recently.
I'm trying to keep up with newspaper reading as much as I can but sometimes the articles do not interest me at all or, more often, I don't have time.. but I save them as pdf files and I read them maybe after a week, but who cares when I read them! the most important thing is reading them and trying to get the best out of it!

as usually I watch almast every day one episode of some tv series, just to do some listening work!
the last film I watched in English was "the unfaithful" starring Richard gere and Diane Lane but most important is Olivier Martinez!!!! he's sooo cute!! I don't know if you have already watched the film.. it's about a perfect family richar+ diane + stupid kid living in suburb of NYCity because the city itself is too dangerous to raise a child. well, she's shopping for her son's birthday party in Soho when a strong wind litterally throw her in the arms of Olivier!! you can imagine what happens after that, as the title reveals pretty much the main content of the story..
she's overwheld by passion and forgets about her hunband and son! I can't give everything away.. you should watch the movie!! I do recommend it to u!

I tried to upload a chart but it didn't work... this was originally a chart...

March 5, 2007 NYTimes online Without health benefits, a good life turns fragile
Receive health benefits, to She doesn´t receive health benefits fron her employer
Provide health benefits, to Small businesses are less likely to provide health benefits
Obtain coverage, to Having had a cancer, she could not obtain coverage
Federal figures Federal figures show an increase of ...
Jump to the top of ..., to The problem of the uninsured have jumped to the top of the domestic political agenda
Nonpartisan A non-partisan organization
premium Life insurance premium rate
Temporary or contract workers
Have surgery for, to She had surgery for breast cancer in 2005
Quote a price, to
Permeate, to Concerns about health insurance permeate her life
Be legally responsible for, to She doesn´t want her husband to be legally responsible for her medical bills
File lien against sth, to To collect unpaid medical bills, health care providers file liens against your home.
Collapse, to The plan collapsed in 1994
Blackball, to = boycott, to
Discriminate, to A federal law limited the ability of insurers to discriminate against people …
Under one umbrella Why can´t X+Y have coverage under one umbrella?

March 29, 2007 NYTimes Living with Alzheimer´s before a window closes
Be in/at the early stages of Alzheimer´s disease
Keep up with the normal patter Parlantina
Lose track of time, to
Pass for normal, to They are struggling to pass for normal
Be impaired, to She is impaired but not helpless or demented
Bristle at sth, to Experts bristle at toothbrush misuse
Grass-roots movement (Basis-)
tendency There´s a tendency to think they don´t comprehend
Lose one´s mental capabilities, to
oblivion Alzheimer´s disease is a march to oblivion
viable People with alzheimer´s are still viable people

that's all!

see u soon!!

sara

Keine Kommentare: